Amazon have brought out a brand new Echo/Alexa product Billing it as a "Hands Free Camera and Style Assistant".
It's basically a hands free camera and alexa voice enabled 'point' that would fit well into a bedroom or walk in-wardrobe. Amazingly it allows you to take a series of pictures of you in outfits and uses advanced machine learning algorithms and advice from fashion specialists to help you choose your best outfits.
See your style from every Angle
Take full-length photos or short videos so you can see a 360-degree view of your outfit. Use the app to create a personal lookbook, browse your outfits, and use computer vision-based background blur to make your outfits pop.
Alexa introduces Style Check
"Style Check keeps your look on point using advanced machine learning algorithms and advice from fashion specialists. Submit two photos for a second opinion on which outfit looks best on you based on fit, color, styling, and current trends. Over time, these decisions get smarter through your feedback and input from our team of experienced fashion specialists".
With Echo Look, you can take full-length photos of your daily look using just your voice. The built-in LED lighting and depth-sensing camera let you blur the background to make your outfits pop, giving you clean, shareable photos. Get a live view in the Echo Look app or ask Alexa to take a short video so you can see yourself from every angle. View recommendations based on your daily look and use Style Check for a second opinion on what looks best. And, because Alexa is built in the cloud, she’s always getting smarter—and so will Echo Look.
About Echo Look
- Introducing Echo Look—now Alexa can help you look your best
- Using just your voice, easily take full-length photos and short videos with a hands-free camera that includes built-in LED lighting, depth-sensing camera, and computer vision-based background blur
- See yourself from every angle with the companion app. Build a personal lookbook and share your photos.
- Get a second opinion on which outfit looks best with Style Check, a new service that combines machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists
- Echo Look helps you discover new brands and styles inspired by your lookbook
- Ask Alexa to read the news and audiobooks, set alarms, get traffic and weather updates, control smart home devices, play music, and more
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Starbucks, Fitbit, NPR, and more
It's pretty out there and we will have to see what uses Amazon can give this, For example will it be able to superimpose clothes onto your photos to show you what you would look like if you bought them from the store. Will it be able to give you make-up ideas by superimposing lipstick colours onto your lips in photos. it was an unexpected addition to their lineup for me but may end up as something very clever, we look forward to seeing what Amazon can do with this technology.