Samsung Electronics have announced the Samsung Connect Home.
Samsung Connect Home is the industry's first Smart Wi-Fi System to combine fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage for every room in a home with Samsung's industry-leading smart home platform, Samsung SmartThings.
The Samsung Connect Home Smart Wi-Fi System is available as a three-pack for mesh networking over a larger house or single hub. A consumer can connect up to five Samsung Connect Home devices at once.
"Today's smart homes have the power to deliver simple and efficient automation, but as families stream more content and buy more connected devices, it's a struggle to get fast, reliable and extendable Wi-Fi coverage," said Bill Lee, Vice President, Smart Home Product Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. "With Samsung Connect Home, we're redefining the whole home network to finally offer families a simple solution that expands Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home while offering the ability to monitor, automate and control smart devices using Samsung SmartThings. All of this with just a few taps on a smartphone."
Samsung Connect Home Features
- Works As A SmartThings Hub - Samsung Connect Home is the only whole-home Wi-Fi system that works as a SmartThings Hub, making it compatible with hundreds of Works With SmartThings devices.
- With no monthly fees or subscriptions, Samsung SmartThings makes it easy to automate and manage your smart home, and gives you the flexibility to expand your smart home with lights, door locks, cameras, voice assistants, thermostats and more.
- Expandable mesh Wi-Fi network - Samsung Connect Home is easily expandable. Each router has a range of 1,500 square feet, and users can wirelessly connect up to five Samsung Connect Home devices for mesh network coverage of 7,500 square feet.
- Safe & secure - Consumers can rest easy knowing that Samsung Connect Home is protected by hardware-based security technologies. Automatic firmware updates provide additional safeguards to keep smart devices secure.
- Simple setup and unified management - Samsung Connect Home can be set up with easy-to-follow instructions using the Samsung Connect app. The app will guide placement of each
- Samsung Connect Home device throughout a home for optimal performance. Samsung Connect simplifies smart device management with automatic connectivity, convenient device integration and easy set-up. Using Samsung Connect, users can easily see and manage connected devices, set parental controls and allow guest access.
- Compact design - Samsung Connect Home replaces larger, antenna-laden routers with a simple, sleek and compact design that can be placed anywhere and everywhere in the home, even in plain sight.
The launch in America will rollout starting exclusively at BestBuy.
"As we work with customers in stores and in their homes, we know how important it is to have fast, secure and reliable whole-home Wi-Fi, especially with more smart devices now connecting to the web," said Mary Ortizcazarin, Vice President of Smart Home at Best Buy. "Samsung's Connect Home Smart Wi-Fi System accomplishes this with strong Wi-Fi access in every corner of the home, and as a hub for the rest of your smart home."
Samsung Connect Home will be available for purchase on July 2 at Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com.